The principle therapist at the Northshore Kung Fu and Qigong Health Centre is John Munro. His specialties include: Qigong Therapy, Breathing Education and Training, Stress Management and Reduction, Back Care.
John’s qualifications include:
- Diploma of Chi Kung (Qigong)
- Diploma of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Certificate of Remedial Massage
- Certificate of Chinese Reflexology
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified NLP Practitioner
As well as his clinical work, John is very busy teaching Qigong, Effective Breathing, Kung Fu and Self Defence. John is the founder of Long White Cloud Kung Fu and Long White Cloud Qigong and author of the books ‘Qigong Foundation Practices: Twelve Health Exercises from the Wah Family System’ and ‘The Tiger Within: Self Defence in a Modern World’.
John is a registered member of Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand and has been active in promoting natural therapies in New Zealand through his involvement in professional associations. Executive positions he has held include:
- Secretary – NZ Qigong and TCM Association, 2006-2012
- Registrar – NZ Qigong and TCM Association, 2009-2011
- Executive Board Member – New Zealand Charter of Health Practitioners, 2007-2011
- Chairman – Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand, 2011-present
In his spare time John sculpts, mainly in stone or wood, rides his motorbike and occasionally gets out for a surf. You can see some of his sculpture work here.